Ok, I don’t mean this literally. Please don’t shun me from the blogging community. But, c’mon people, do you really have to post such luscious, tasty recipes of gluten free goodness?
Let me explain. In less than two weeks, I will be going on vacation (and attending a podcast expo) with my hubby in Las Vegas. A real vacation, just us (my in-laws are happily watching Thing 1 and Thing 2). Now, I’ve never been to Las Vegas, but from what I’ve read and seen, it’s the Land of the Hot People. Twenty-somethings in scantily clad bikinis with not an ounce of cellulite in sight.
Holy crap – somebody call my shrink, I’m having a panic attack.
I can do Las Vegas, right? I’m not too far past my prime. I can still hang (well, at least until 11:00 pm if I have a nap during the day). I want to look hip and trendy for Vegas. I want to wear glitter and get a little (gasp) hootchie mama.
In “Training For Vegas” (cue Rocky theme), I’m eating healthy and exercising. My problem is visiting these gluten free blog sites is like going to the grocery store on an empty stomach. Bad, bad, bad! These bloggers make living a gluten free life look fulfilling and oh-so-satisfying. My willpower to abstain from decadent delights goes right down the drain… Sigh.
I’d like to share some of my favorite stomach grumblers with you. Check out the sites, try a recipe or two, and, think of me, desperately trying to avoid the (insert expletive here) Internet at all costs. The good news is that after August 17th I can go back to wearing my “mom pants” again :)
- Book Of Yum’s Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake. I LOVE cheesecake! Before I was gluten free, I could devour a 12 inch cheesecake with just a fork and a smile. Sea’s creative recipe knocks it outta the park! YUM!
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Carrie, a lovely southern girl, was the Grand Prize Winner for these scrumptious cookies. She bakes like nobody’s business!
- Gluten Free Steve’s Surefire, Never Miss Cinnamon Rolls. Steve’s recipe puts Cinnabon to shame. I love to visit Steve’s “Rants” section — it’s just genius! I admit it, I’m a celiac with anger issues… Steve is my Zoloft.
- Simply…Gluten Free’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. Carol is witty, can cook, and takes a mean food photograph. I have had to stop myself from licking the computer screen. Seriously…
- The Crispy Cook’s Blueberry Pizza. Rachel boldly took on the challenge of cooking gluten free for her celiac husband. How awesome is that?! My poor hubby (who doesn’t have celiac) is lucky if he gets a Hot Pocket for dinner.
- Trav’s Gone Gluten Free’s Chocolate Fudge Cake. I totally want to be Trav’s new best friend. He is always baking chocolately goodness for his (lucky!) compadres. Trav, my other restraining orders for “stalking” have been lifted. BFF pinkie swear.