While you won’t find Sponge Bob Square Pants, Scooby Doo, or Pokemon-shaped pasta inside the box, Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar mac n’ cheese does taste good. A little doctoring of the cheese portion was needed (I like my pasta happily smothered in cheese sauce), but overall this is a great product to have on hand for a quick meal.
- Uber-simple to make. Even a monkey could prepare it!
- The rice pasta tastes like the “real thing” — no gritty texture.
- Reasonably priced at $1.99 for 6 ounce package.
- The cheese portion of the mac n’ cheese was more like watery cheese soup. It’s very thin and needs to be thickened up with extra cheddar.
- The box of gluten free mac n’ cheese is 6 ounces. A traditional glutenous box of mac n’ cheese is 7.5 ounces. Um, hello, why do gluten intolerant peeps get less?