While you won’t find Sponge Bob Square Pants, Scooby Doo, or Pokemon-shaped pasta inside the box, Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar mac n’ cheese does taste good. A little doctoring of the cheese portion was needed (I like my pasta happily smothered in cheese sauce), but overall this is a great product to have on hand for a quick meal.
- Uber-simple to make. Even a monkey could prepare it!
- The rice pasta tastes like the “real thing” — no gritty texture.
- Reasonably priced at $1.99 for 6 ounce package.
- The cheese portion of the mac n’ cheese was more like watery cheese soup. It’s very thin and needs to be thickened up with extra cheddar.
- The box of gluten free mac n’ cheese is 6 ounces. A traditional glutenous box of mac n’ cheese is 7.5 ounces. Um, hello, why do gluten intolerant peeps get less?
Feeling confused and overwhelmed on ‘what is gluten’?
You’re not alone! I’ve put together a comprehensive list to decipher the mystery and meaning of gluten just for you.