IS GODIVA CHOCOLATE GLUTEN-FREE
Just about every chocolate lover knows what’s in that gold box with a red ribbon. Belgium Godiva chocolates are certainly decadent, but are they safe for those of us with Celiac Disease, gluten intolerance, and non-Celiac gluten sensitivity? I have good news and bad news, so read on for the full details.
GODIVA CHOCOLATE GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS
Godiva currently offers 3 items that are certified gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America):
- Godiva Flourless Chocolate Torte Baking Mix with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Godiva Raspberry Chocolate Torte Baking Mix with Raspberry Glaze
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (offered at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants around the world)
THE REST OF GODIVA CHOCOLATE IS NOT GLUTEN-FREE
“ALL other Godiva products including our solid chocolate pieces may contain gluten. Any person with a gluten allergy should NOT consume ANY of our products (with the exception of the three certified gluten-free items listed above)” Via Godiva FAQs
Make sure your chocolate is gluten-free by reading every ingredient label. Remember that ingredients and manufacturing processes can change at any time.
These chocolates are gluten-free (marked on the product label and/or on the company website):
- Alter Eco Deep Dark Sea Salt Organic Chocolate Bar
- Endangered Species Smooth & Creamy Milk Chocolate Bar
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Bar (all Enjoy Life products are gluten-free and free of 14 other allergens)
- Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet Chocolate Bar
- Theo Fair Trade Raspberry 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
Looking to safely satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out my Gluten-Free Candy page, Gluten-Free Easter Candy, and Gluten-Free Halloween Candy. I’ll be posting my Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Candy list soon!